An attempt to list down seminal research papers I come across, in my favorite subareas of computer science.
- Heer, Jeffrey, Michael Bostock, and Vadim Ogievetsky. “A tour through the visualization zoo.” Commun. ACM 53.6 (2010): 59-67.
- Jarke van Wijk, “Views on Visualization”, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol. 12, No. 4, Jul-Aug 2006, pp. 421-433.
- J.-D. Fekete, J.J. van Wijk, J.T. Stasko, C. North, The Value of Information Visualization. In: A. Kerren, J.T. Stasko, J.-D. Fekete, C. North (eds.), Information Visualization – Human-Centered Issues and Perspectives. LNCS 4950, Springer, p. 1-18, 2008.
- Jörn Schneidewind, Daniel Keim, Mike Sips. Pixnostics: Towards Measuring the Value of Visualization. In Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics Science and Technology, 2006.
- Jarke J. van Wijk: The Value of Visualization. IEEE Visualization 2005: 11.
- Stephen Few. InfoVis as Seen by the World Out There: 2007 in Review. Keynote talk at IEEE InfoVis 2007.
- Stephen Few. What Ordinary People Need Most from Information Visualization Today. Visual Business Intelligence Newsletter, August 2008.
- Lamport, Leslie. “Time, clocks, and the ordering of events in a distributed system.” Communications of the ACM 21.7 (1978): 558-565.
Mattern, Friedemann. “Virtual time and global states of distributed systems.” Parallel and Distributed Algorithms 1.23 (1989): 215-226.
Fidge, Colin J. “Timestamps in message-passing systems that preserve the partial ordering.” Proceedings of the 11th Australian Computer Science Conference. Vol. 10. No. 1. 1988.
- Almeida, Paulo Sérgio, Carlos Baquero, and Victor Fonte. “Interval tree clocks.” Principles of Distributed Systems. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2008. 259-274.
- Ellis, Clarence A., and Simon J. Gibbs. “Concurrency control in groupware systems.” ACM SIGMOD Record 18.2 (1989): 399-407.
- Nichols, David A., et al. “High-latency, low-bandwidth windowing in the Jupiter collaboration system.” Proceedings of the 8th annual ACM symposium on User interface and software technology. ACM, 1995.
Leung, Clarence. “Operational transformation in cooperative software systems.”
Fraser, Neil. “Differential synchronization.” Proceedings of the 9th ACM symposium on Document engineering. ACM, 2009.
- Ko, Andrew J., “Cooperative Software Design” [link] This is not a research paper, but a short book summarizing the research literature on software engineering.